09 March 2010

Destined for eternity

Do you ever look at today but see tomorrow?

As I think over the past 8 weeks of life here in Riobamba, I am realizing a significant and beautiful thing that God is doing: He is teaching me about His future kingdom. Leroy Eims said, "People are the raw material of heaven," and the time that I have spent here has vividly proven that to be true.


When I look at God's people I see their potential for the time that they have here on earth but I also recognize that each of them has an eternity. As I come to understand how each of them as an individual fits into God's world-wide and history-long plan, my desire to be involved in their process of growth heightens in intensity.

Time is not wasted when invested in people! In three short weeks I will leave this place, but I trust that God's plan for this time is full of purpose and meaning - regardless of my human ability to comprehend it.

Take a moment to look at the people around you. Do you recognize that each of them is destined for eternity?

No comments: