I made it through my first day. I have a lot to learn. Yesterday I heard a lot of rules and started to figure out how the schedule works. There are paid workers here to take care of the children, cleaning, and cooking. Our main task is to love the children. Interacting with children and understanding what the workers are trying to say to me is quite hard right now. Praise the Lord for the rest of the team who are telling me what to do. Last night we talked about rotating ourselves so we can rest yet still have about half of the team working with the children all day. The morning went well.
For those who are wondering, my flights went well with no problems. My heavy luggage (which did not go weightless) arrived in tact. Thanks again to all who sent things with me, they have and will be a blessing to The Ark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you're settling in Suzanne! Write more soon, please!!! :-)
Glad to hear about what all is happening there, Suzanne. I'm also glad to hear you arrived safely. Will check back again....
Post a Comment