Since arriving in Ecuador I have been greatly blessed with good health...and yesterday I was greatly blessed with poor health. As Ashley has put it "my stomach sounded like the volcano we live by!" But the hours spent in my room provided me the opportunity to think, pray, and to listen. Because of the business of life here it has been difficult to take all the time I should to just sit and listen for the voice of my Lord, but yesterday I got to and it was worth the pain of being sick. It was so sweet to feel Him speaking to me and to have my thoughts put in order by Him.
In the afternoon I was feeling well enough to go out with some of the team to Riobamba and pick up a few needed purchases. It was fun to ask the clerks in the stores questions and use my Spanish in another setting. The trip quite exhausted me and after eating a bit of dinner I was feeling very poorly once more. After a great nights sleep I'm feeling just about back to normal and am glad to be able to be up and about once more.
One fantastic aspect of this trip is definitely our team dynamics. We are like a caring family each looking out for the others and supporting them physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
10 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad I can trust my Father to care for you.
Love the music selection you have playing on here!
Great songs!!
Post a Comment