Before we went to buy the tickets we explored a couple of streets we hadn't been on and found a fantastic little "panderia" (bakery). Emma and I especially love the little "hole in the wall" panderias here. They have fantastic rolls, cheese bread, epenadas, and sweet breads. YUM! I will miss them when I come back home. We found out today that many of them bake the bread in industrial size ovens with multiple
rotating racks in the back of their little tiny shops!! What a contrast!

In addition to panderias which are everywhere, there are also LOTS of ice cream shops. It seems to be Riobamba's specialty along withchicken and fries. You eat the fries with ketchup, mayonase, and aji sauce...sounds gross, tastes great! One little ice cream shop is our particular favorite as they make different flavors each day and sell two scoops for fifty cents.
Our God is so good. Day after day I am seeing evidence of his loving care towards us in big ways and small. If He cares to show Himself to me daily in so many ways surely He is as good as His word to guide my future!
No comments:
Post a Comment